10 Fun Facts About Me!
Hey girl heyyy, so glad you’ve clicked this post! You may have read a little bit about me from my little bio in the sidebar or my About Me page, but this post is going to give you an even better picture of the girl behind Laila Anne Co! By the end of this we’re gonna be friends cause I’m going to let you in on all of the wacky and wonderful stuff that makes me the silly everyday girl I am. I love the idea of really connecting with my readers and I feel like in order to do this I need to offer a deeper glimpse into my life. So here goes nothing! Get ready for some cuteness, a little bit of drama and hopefully not too much TMI!
1. I was born in Idaho – which is like the most random state ever! Most people don’t even know where it is on a US map – and I honestly can’t blame them! I was born in Boise and spent the first two years of my life in this snowy state that is actually known for producing potatoes. When we lived in Boise my family apparently had a huge garden and I’ve been told I loved to toddle around eating strawberries straight from the vine!
2. I am allergic to dogs, cats and basically any animal with fur, which is kind of tragic! But I do have allergy pills which I can take if I know I’m gonna be meeting some furry friends. My allergies aren’t a big issue, they just mean I have to think twice before petting any cute puppers on the street.
3. I was a competitive synchronized swimmer for eight years! For those of you who are unfamiliar with sport let’s just say it’s a combination of dancing, gymnastics and swimming that involves performing short routines to lit music. The sport was very physically demanding but it taught me so much about health and fitness and for this it will always have a special place in my heart!
4. I LOVE hip hop – music and dancing! This is a recently discovered passion of mine but I’ve become really invested fairly quickly. I ignored hip-hop music for years because I thought it was intimidating but now I’m completely smitten with this cool, innovative and edgy style of music! I also love to dance along to hip -hop songs – something about matching movements to the beat makes me feel so free and happy!
5. I have a birthmark in the shape of a horse on my leg! And I only realized that it looks exactly like horse within the last two years, I’ve had it my whole life but before I just saw it as an elongated blob. One day while zoning out in English class I guess I was staring at my legs and I was like, ” Omg that looks like a horse’s head!”. Now I feel like this is something I can be proud of – because having fun birthmarks is super cool! The only thing that would make this better would be if it were a unicorn!
6. I have the same birthday as Mariah Carey and I think that’s pretty sweet! I listen to her songs all the time because I love a good throwback – plus who can resist jammin’ to “Touch My Body”?? I’m proud to share a birthday with this lady boss and even though I cannot sing to save my life I still try to live up to the pressure of sharing a birthday with a musical goddess.
7. I was once kissed by a dolphin on a cruise, in fact, this was probably my first kiss! I’ll just say it was rather slippery – a quality I’ve come to dislike when it comes to kisses! That being said I can’t blame the dolphin because he/she was just doing her thing for us tourists – plus I got a pretty adorable pic out of it!
8. I’ve fainted while shadowing a surgery – but I was completely fine in a couple of minutes! I was just trying to get my Grey’s Anatomy on but something in the OR just didn’t agree with me, so down I went. I’ve been told that this is actually an incredibly common experience so I wasn’t too worried!
9. Yo hablo Español con solutura! This means I’m fluent in Spanish as I’ve been studying it basically my entire life. I’ve really worked hard to improve my language skills and I’m really happy with the level I’m at now!
10. I once bought a shirt for $0.01 – yep that’s 1 cent – at Nordstrom Rack and it is probably my best budget fashion find to date! It’s a super cute light pink chiffon tank top with a flowy, relaxed fit. I don’t know if the tag was mislabeled, but I kid you not, I paid for the shirt with a literal penny! Finds like this come once in a lifetime but that doesn’t mean I don’t get my hopes up when shopping sales from time to time!
That’s a wrap! Thanks for following along and learning a little bit more about me. Let me know a weird fact about yourself (or if we have anything in common) in the comments!